Just on the humorous side, here are a few laws still on the books today in the USA. Naturally, most of them are not being strictly enforced by the police.
- In Indiana, the official value for π (pi) is 4 and not 3,1415…
- In North Carolina, it is illegal to sing out of key.
- If a person is judged to be guilty of having stolen a bar of soap in Arizona, they have to wash with that soap until the bar is completely used up.
- In Texas, it is illegal to sell your eyes.
- Inn Idaho, it is illegal for a man to give his girlfriend a box of chocolate that weighs more than 50 pounds (~ 22 kg).
- In Ohio, it is illegal to make a fish drunk.
- In Tennessee, it is illegal for a woman to drive unless a man has waved a red flag for her to start.
Please note that these days the last law (#7) is not enforced at all!